Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mike Judge Interview

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

Mike Judge, creator of "Beavis and Butthead" and "King of the Hill" is interviewed in the NY Times.

KOTH was the truest picture of life in suburban Texas I have ever seen.

Judge, the creator and voice of the malevolent metalheads, explains why he’s reviving his emblematic 1990s cartoon series in 2022.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• *A:M User*
On 7/28/2022 at 8:11 PM, robcat2075 said:

Mike Judge, creator of "Beavis and Butthead" and "King of the Hill" is interviewed in the NY Times.

KOTH was the truest picture of life in suburban Texas I have ever seen.

Judge, the creator and voice of the malevolent metalheads, explains why he’s reviving his emblematic 1990s cartoon series in 2022.

Kind surprised they are bringing back B&B, to be honest.   I felt like they pretty much did about all they could with those characters.   

The show was very much "of the time" as well, I'm not sure you can just bring it back 25 or 30 years later.   Do they even *have* music videos anymore?   The last time I bothered to turn MTV on back in the early 2000s they had more or less given up on music videos and were just running reality show type crap non-stop.  Honestly I'm not even sure why MTV is still a thing.  Feels rather like it ran its course. 

I might give it a watch just for fun, if the show is them in middle age that might be funny to watch them reacting to all the "woke" BS of our current era.

Beavis and Butt-Head at midlife. “It’s been fun to do these episodes where they’re middle-aged,” said Judge, who is now 59, adding, “there’s one where they do jury duty and they’re just the worst jurors ever.”

Edited by Roger
moving screenshot for clarity