• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike,

Nice drawing. You have two options.

Option 1 - Model from scratch

It would be easier if you had a head on and side view but not completely necessary. If your character is never going to get out of his/her suit, then you can model them as the form itself (no body inside)

Option 2 - Cloth a model

Either clothe an existing model, like those that come on the Hash disc or make your own model and then clothe them.

In either case, use the rotoscope function to import your drawing and start splining away!

Awhile ago, Frank (I think it was Frank. My apologies if my addled brain got it wrong) started a project where he was modeling resources for people to use for free. I recall seeing a military helmet in the group of stuff. You may want to search the list for that post and take a look and see if it is either just what you need or simply a starting point (you could modified that model to become your helmet.) Who knows? Perhaps they would help you model most of your stuff in exchange for those elements (ammo belt, boots, etc) becoming part of the free resource library.

Good luck,

Paul