Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Using the modeling mode inside of a choreography

Kaijubait

Hi guys,

I was in the q and a this weekend and tried to ask this question, but I don’t think I communicated it very well.

Attached below are scans off the tutorial I’m trying to follow. The main question is: How do I select modeling mode from inside the choreography? I can’t, it’s grayed out. What is bizarre is that somehow or other I got it to work briefly, I have no idea how…  I was testing things out, pressing a number of options at the top and all of the sudden it became selectable. I selected it and started building the cube as instructed, and when I turned my head (or whatever), it went back to being unelectable, and the cube I had drawn could not be selected… it was grayed out as well. I have tried building simple models and moving them into the choreography, but I can neither do that nor cut and paste into the chor.

I wonder if my software is just whack? It is pretty old.

Also, please refresh me on how to switch to a camera view from within the choreography.

Thimage_3.jpganks -

- Mike

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

On the camera question... press 1 on the numeric keypad.

The numeric keypad is the best way to quickly navigate among the camera and orthogonal views.

If you don't have a numeric keypad on your keyboard, use this tutorial to make yourself an onscreen toolbar..

https://forums.hash.com/topic/45739-creating-and-editing-custom-toolbars/

On the Modeling Mode problem I'm still uncertain why that is not working for you. If you're on v16 that should not be a problem.