sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Simon Edmondson

Looking at festivals and, unusually, reading the terms and conditions. I was invited to submit Tangogram to this one, ( Anim8fest ).
Wondering if it would be a good idea after reading this
"RIGHTS OF USE
Sending or uploading the film on Festival grants to the Festival’s Producer a royalty-free,
irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative
works from, and display such films in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate
it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including
for promotional or marketing purposes. Upon the Festival’s Producer request the filmmaker
should sign any kind of document that may be required by the Festival’s Producer to use the
right as described above.
For the avoidance of any doubt, the Festival’s Producer, in particular, shall have a right to use
film frames, previews, trailers, fragments at its own discretion without any preliminary consent
of the filmmaker for Festival’s advertising and marketing purposes"
basically it looks like you are giving them Carte Blanche and surrendering any rights you may have, The phrase , "create derivative works from" is very ominous.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're talking about creating promotional materials: a trailer or highlight reel and their ability to show the film at their festival. It's non-exclusive, so you aren't giving away your rights. The part I would refuse is the part that forces me to sign any document they give you. You should have the right of refusal.