Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Digital downloads of Windows (non Microsoft)?

Roger

• *A:M User*

Has anyone ever bought a digital download copy of Windows 7 or 8 off the internet? I've noticed they are a good bit cheaper than even an OEM DVD. I've got 2 or 3 systems that I want to be able to get onto Win 10 for cheap, and I've seen these downloadable versions for as little as $25-$40 ( I guess they sell you just a license key, and you need the media already?).

How much longer is AM going to run on Windows 7? I have a copy of Win 7 Ultimate that I bought for a dual socket server I built and I am not keen on upgrading that to Win 10 if the standard Win 10 Pro doesn't support multi socket systems. If AM is going to run for another 5 years or so on Win 7 I'm ok but if Hash will be moving to Win 8 and above soon then I don't want to be on an orphaned platform and will need to figure something out.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Digital download, non-Microsoft? That sounds bad.

As far as A:M and Win 7, I expect A:M will run on Win7 as long as the compiler that Steffen uses supports Win7, which means I don't really know but I don't expect it to be dropped imminently.

• *A:M User*

Well I guess I could buy a license key from this place and see how that works, and download the software from Microsoft directly and then register the license key. If I want to be uber paranoid about it I can just get a prepaid credit card to use for payment.