Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

About pivot points

Heiner

Hi there,

I am currentlz remoddeling a very complex polygon model using the snap to surface function.

My idea was it, to cut my polygon modell into pieces, save them as individual models, import

them into my modelling chor, and then switch model by model visibe or invisible as i need it.

But, as far as I know AM does not know steady pivot points, and every model i Import has a

different pivot, which makes it very anoying to asssemble my parts. Any Idea how i can maintain

the pivot points of the importet polygon modells?

cheers

Heiner

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

If you have imported the polygon as an actual A:M model you can go into bones mode and move the model bone origin to make the pivot anywhere. If you know the coordinates of the pivot in the polygon program you could write those down and plug them into the model bone's properties in A:M

Props have a similar model bone property but it appears not to be editable. Perhaps there is a work-around in constraining them to another bone that woudl serv as your pivot.

• 2 weeks later...