Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Suggestions for testing GPU problems?

Roger

• *A:M User*

A while back I discovered a bug with the way my GPU handles displaying animation playback/scrubbing in AM. There is a bit of a lag and/or dropped frames which can make it difficult to tell what is going on.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Intel HD graphics, the Nvidia GPU, or the Nvidia Optimus feature which is supposed to switch between the 2 (I'm assuming it may be due to Optimus, but haven't been able to confirm by testing all cases yet).

Currently I've got only the Nvidia discrete GPU enabled and am looking for my project file to scrub through the timeline to see if it is still an issue. Does anyone else with a similar setup on their laptop experience this same problem?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• *A:M User*
I don't have a laptop but if there's a way to avoid using the Intel graphics while you are running A:M... definitely do that.

I completely disabled the Optimus feature and the Intel graphics, so I'm going to load the ball bounce project I did a while back and see if that fixed the problem.