sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My last Poly Video, hope you like it

Hi Guys I am new here, and I would like to show you my last 3D animation that I did with polygons, Why? Cause now I am learning to use Hash 2003 and it seems the best way to make better animations, I have some time in 3D, one of those who used Amiga computers, so I had to learn Imagine it was very hard to learn but it was fun, 2 years ago I got the 2.0 version for PC, too bad it was the last version they never released the 3.0 one, so just about 6 months ago I decided to make this Macross 3d Animation to enter in a "Anime Music Contest Video" in Anime-Expo 2003 but I wasn't able to send the video cause they didn't had a normal address and the shipping company told me that if nobody signs the package they cant sent it, so well also ppl from the Anime Music Video said that my video is not Anime so It wouldn't be able to participate, I remember that in the past, Anime-expo had an original animation contest I dunno why they dont make more, I hope in the future AX starts again some sort of Anime Animation Contest, Hash could be a sponsor :)

oh well this is the video, I already show this video in the Chat, is not a great thing(remember I used a very old 3d program and with polys), and it haves some edition mistakes:

http://www.animedia.com.mx/videos/macrossalpha.avi

it uses Divx you can get it from divx.com for free

the video is about 45 megs in size but is in high resolution

By the way, the valkyrie model was made with a program called Rhinoceros, then ported into a .3ds file to Imagine, but I really would like to port the model from rhinoceros nurbs to Hash so that way it wouldn't lost quality, I was able to port the 3ds file to hash but you know those are polys and they suck if you want that valkirye to run,walk, transform in Hash, if someone knows a way to port the model or can port me the model I would like to donate the model to the Hash free model download place or even in the next CD if you want, it would be great to see the model running and transforming.

oh and yes, I hope to buy the new Hash A:M 2004 in the next Anime-Expo(is this July 2 I think), right now I am learning Hash from my school.

So lets wait to see what I can do with Hash, I bet it will be great :D

ps: english is not my primary language as you can see :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Don't let this guy fool you! His english is good enough to chat on a Thursday night for hours and hours and hours... :)

David,

1) Glad to see you posting here.

2) Sorry to see you haven't got your Valkyrie converted yet.

3) Learning Animation Master at school?! We should all be so lucky!

I'm jealous! I think I went to a website that might be related to your school last week... maybe not though...

This young man... (26) - Remember now I'm psychic(!)... is the editor of an online animation magazine! Post a link please!

At least I think you are... How many other spanish speaking-types have 40+MB movies of Macross mechs flying around?

When I saw you post here in the forum, I IMMEDIATELY heard the theme music playing in my head... strange... I think you may have damaged something in my brain... :lol:

Either that or I AM psychic and I woke up this morning with the music in my head. :blink:

Critique:

I really never got the chance to say it while chatting but I think your movie would look much improved if you added some quick cuts from image to image. It would 'flow' with the music, which is very fast paced in comparison to the images.

You might not even really have to cut the length of the film.

Maybe just zoom in on parts of the current shots, rotate a closeup here... and there... adjust the color... vary the variety a bit.

Just a few pesos thrown your way, my friend!

Welcome to the forum and the Animation Master community. :)

You are going to have fun!

Edit: Unless I'm mistaken, David is the editor of an animation magazine (not specifically 3D)

Hi Rod, hehe

thanks for the comments :)

as Rod said, I have an Online Magazine about Animation but more specific in Anime and I just wrote a column about making animation in Mexico and making the point that a few years ago making Animations was very expensive so to make full length movies the only way was with co-productions from Spain, but this year was different a little Studio called Anima Studios just show in theathers a Movie called "Magos y Gigantes" the movie is for kids and as I heard they used USA Animation software, but what is interesting is that they didn't spend much money in the making and all was made in about 9 months and they just need like 15 or 20 ppl.

now I am writing a second part with some tips of how to learn 3d and of course I am recommending Hash, and maybe in a future part I could write a tutorial with hash(maybe I could be a dealer of hash :) )

ah yes the magazine is here:

http://www.animedia.com.mx/magazine

is in Spanish maybe a translator can work or altavista

ps: Thanks for the anime model and the tips Rod