Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lathe Problem= Lathe button doesnt turn on

Vogelmort

Hello again,

Ive done it before, but I cant do it right now. I create a spline in front view, grab the CPs, and then go to click the lathe button to create a lathed object, only the lathe button is unavailable. Hiding everything but the spline doesn't work. Starting a new model doesn't work. Even closing the program and opening it again doesn't work ( "Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?" - The I.T. Crowd)

What am I missing?

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could you define "…grab the Cps…"?

That sounds like you are selecting more than 1 CP on the spline you wish to lathe. Depending on how you selected multiple CPs you may not be allowed to then lathe the spline.

For the lathe to work just click on any 1 CP on the spline, it turns green + a portion of the spline running into it. (You could click on more than 1 CP but really there's no need to)

Do not try selecting a CP by dragging a bounding box over it. Yes it will turn green showing it has been selected but you will note that the portion of the spline running into it dose not turn green as it dose when just clicking on it.

Screen_Shot_2014_02_07_at_11.23.58.png

Screen_Shot_2014_02_07_at_11.24.36.png