sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Stay Warm

Roger

• *A:M User*

For those of you that are in areas affected by this storm we just had, I hope you are staying warm and don't have too much shoveling to do.

Several main roads by me as well as the local commuter train line into the city are shut down.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

These cold snaps remind me of "A Pale of Air", a SF story we read in English class in Jr. High in MN where the earth has been ripped from the Sun into cold space and the whole atmosphere has frozen into slush on the ground.

One family survives by sealing their apartment and venturing outside into the cold periodically to scoop up a bucket of oxygen slush to heat up and evaporate by their constantly burning fire. They didn't have frost on their wall, however. :rolleyes:

We seemed to get a lot of stories about people in desperately cold circumstances. I remember another about a guy a a trip through the forest and one small thing after another goes wrong until he just has to give up and freeze to death.

• *A:M User*
These cold snaps remind me of "A Pale of Air", a SF story we read in English class in Jr. High in MN where the earth has been ripped from the Sun into cold space and the whole atmosphere has frozen into slush on the ground.

One family survives by sealing their apartment and venturing outside into the cold periodically to scoop up a bucket of oxygen slush to heat up and evaporate by their constantly burning fire. They didn't have frost on their wall, however. :rolleyes:

We seemed to get a lot of stories about people in desperately cold circumstances. I remember another about a guy a a trip through the forest and one small thing after another goes wrong until he just has to give up and freeze to death.

I think I've heard of that one but never read it. I'll have to look it up.

But yeah, after seeing that frost I was starting to think that I might be seeing walrus (walruses?) and penguins outside my door.