sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mac Question

Simon Edmondson

I am trying to use my DSLR ( a Canon EOS 500D ) to input video to my Mac mini for use in Istopmotion.

However, every time I connect it, the system defaults to importing the image via the canon software as a data file.

Is there a way to change the settings, so that Istopmotion is the default image importer ?

I have been experimenting with webcams on the weekend for the past few months but, their field of view is surprisingly narrow so thought to try the DSLR instead, better image quality too ! What I want to do is to use the camera as a video feed so that the preview function can be used on ISM and take single shots on the camera to edit in Final Cut later.

It is all leading towards an AM/stop frame project... honest !!!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

simon

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Uninstalling the Canon software?

Robert

Thank you for your reply.

I may have found a work around, albeit a bit long winded, but it may work before getting Dragonframe. The Canon software lets you run the camera remotely from the computer so you can take photo's onto the memory card and use the webcam under Istopframe to keep track of the timing, then edit the stills later off the camera. Checked under ISM and it allows import of images from the camera but not using it as a video source. A friend has sent me a possible way around that, which I'll try later.

Trying to get a lighting balance at the moment, those low energy lights that last for years seem to have a very high element of red in their colour, even more than the old style bulbs used to. Its good to be able to touch the things being worked with but working with AM is a lot more compact and easier to manage, even for me !

regards

simon