sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

MachineFlesh

Just informing you all that I've joined the CGTalk Machineflesh Challenge.

You can find the thread at http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130145

I don't think I have a chance of winning... but if I get a single vote I'd be happy. Check it out. I highly encourage others to try it out. It's a 3 month challenge and it's a great way to learn, show off your skills, and represent A:M in the larger CG community.

Zachary Taich

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I'm embarassed to show this to fellow A:Mers cause they will recognize the millions of spline sins I commited. Please look at the latest topology and critique the hell out of it please. I'd like my entry to kick :D ss, even if I don't win.

Zachary Taich

The one thing I noticed about the mouth is that you should put rings around it. You know on your eyes how you start with a little circle, and then basically extrude out from it? You end up with a series of circles radiating from the eye. You want this same thing around your mouth.

I don't want to plug my own work in your thread, but here's a wire of one of my models. It's not amazing, but you can see the rings around the eyes and mouth.

http://www.murc13.homestead.com/files/tim3.jpg

Hope that helps...everything's looking good so far.

It looks like the sides of the mouth need to be pulled out to make them wider. In doing so you may have to rework the splines where the sides of the mouth transition into the ckeeks. Also finishing the chin and neck may give you a better perspective of the mouth as they play-in together. Keep at it and it will come together.

You're making great progress Zach! If you'll post an orthographic front & side view I think I'd be able to help you a lot... Especially with the lips.

Hey! I just noticed that your in San Francisco. Cool place to be into CG. I'm hoping to move there next summer.

Later

I'm not in San Francisco per se... I live in the Bay Area, Silicon Valley. But Pixar and PDI are both located in the Bay Area, and not San Francisco, so I guess I am in the right place :D .

Maybe in a year there will be an AMSF club. Victor could come! :D

Thanks for the comments and support. Now I have to work on mechanizing this thing.