Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do i control the direction of Snap Group to Surface?

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

Snap Group to surface is "view dependent" which I take to mean that it will move the CPs in what ever direction you are viewing from, right?

However, i can only get it to move in one direction.

I filed this as an A:M report which is why it's in German :lol: but maybe someone here has an answer before Steffen gets to it...

SnapGroupToSurfaceQuestion.mov

SimpleSnapTest02.prj

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Snap Group to surface is "view dependent" which I take to mean that it will move the CPs in what ever direction you are viewing from, right?

However, i can only get it to move in one direction.

I filed this as an A:M report which is why it's in German :lol: but maybe someone here has an answer before Steffen gets to it...

SnapGroupToSurfaceQuestion.mov

SimpleSnapTest02.prj

Very well done ;) Bust just to mention it:

"Ist es nicht wahr..." should be "Sollte es nicht so sein, dass..." ;) One of the things that are a little harder to get because the term "Isn't it true..." is not used in that kind of fashion in German ;).

Anyway, to answer it a little bit: As far as I understand it, "Snap Group to Surface" is based on the normal-direction (or the negative normal direction, depending what settings you set in the "CTRL + Snap-Group-To-Surface"-Dialog) of the patches in the group you want to snap to surface.

See you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

I think "nicht wahr" is something I picked up from my dad, but he grew up speaking Swedish and only learned German in college so he probably wasn't a great source on that. :rolleyes:

Anyway, to answer it a little bit: As far as I understand it, "Snap Group to Surface" is based on the normal-direction (or the negative normal direction, depending what settings you set in the "CTRL + Snap-Group-To-Surface"-Dialog) of the patches in the group you want to snap to surface.

I do get a dialog with SHIFT but it only offers "Maximum distance" and "Offset"