Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Just when you thought Flash was dead...

John Bigboote

https://www.google.com/doubleclick/studio/swiffy/

After a week of trying to do something simple in html5- something well within my means in Flash... I found this BRAND NEW utility from Google that will publish your animation, sound and interactivity out of your FLA and into an HTML5 file... check it out, Flash folks!

Disclaimer- for some reason, there IS a low 1mb limit on your FLA, don't know why or if they plan to eventually offer a more gratious amount.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Wow. That sounds impressive. I wish i remembered all my Flash knowledge.

Does it do everything... even Action script?

EDIT: I just noticed..."New! Swiffy now supports ActionScript 3.0 and external resource loading."

I was reading on the Swiffy forum , somebody wondered why Google made such a product at the speculation was that they use it to make their Google doodles. They hired a young kid developer right out of college and told him to research getting flash into HTML 5 and his results were so good that they promoted him and gave him a team. They are pursuing this fully.

Do any of the current versions of Flash have HTML5 export?

No- this has been Flash's 'achilles heel'... the fact that SWIFFS will not appear in ios devices. There are a handful of solutions out there, including Adobe's 'CreateJS Toolkit', which asks that you use Java script instead of ActionScript within Flash for interactivity functions. I'm not a coder. The Google 'Swiffer' utility is JUST what I needed... it is literally a one button translator... and after a short wait you are looking at your animation/interactivity playing back afore you in your browser with full vector quality- samples I've seen even play smoother than the same file in a swiff. You also get the benefit of incredibly small file sizes, like a swiff. My initial tests look great on my iphone.