Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rigging a swing

This is in anticipation of next brief, so not urgent but,I was thinking of using the theme of a swing in a child's playground and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the best way to rig the swing?

I was thinking about a kinematic or dynamic constraint for the rope but is there a more efficient way ?

Any help gratefully received.

regards

simon

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot depends on what you need this swing to do.

Robert

Thank you for your reply.

The idea presently, is to have two characters swinging back and forwards next to each other, then start to do the sort of 'stunts' kids do when showing off to each other and no adults are around.

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

My first gambit would be to model the ropes for the swing with a spline ring at the point where the person will grasp it with their hands. That could be attached to a bone that could be shifted forward and back as they work the swing.

My first gambit would be to model the ropes for the swing with a spline ring at the point where the person will grasp it with their hands. That could be attached to a bone that could be shifted forward and back as they work the swing.

Robert

Thank you. I shall try that later.I dl'd the Vamp files and will work through them steadily.

regards

simon