Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Linocut material/shader

Tore

I am trying to get a linocut look in A:M. Something like this (linocut by danish artist Palle Nielsen):

The closest I can get is this (done with the Grid material in A:M):

But I would very much like to be able to let the grid follow the surface on the organic forms, and also to get variation in the type of crosshatching/lines. This is not easily done - if at all - with the grid material.

Then, as I searched the Darktree site, I stumbled upon this picture in their gallery:

This seems to be excatly what I'm looking for. Alas, no information is given, except that the picture is made by Yith Moser. And I can't find this guy or any info on how this picture is done by googling.

Anybody here know anything, or have any suggestions?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is my initial first testing, I think you can probably get something close to a linotype look using Matcap shader for your ambiant shader. Don't forget to turn ON Plug-in shaders in render options.

Play with the image you use for the shader, as well as perhaps the diffuse color if you want something more unique.

linotypelookspher1mdblack.jpg

linotypelookspher1mdorange.jpg

linotypelookinklinethick5.jpg

linotypelookinklinethick6.jpg

sphere_1_md.jpg

This is my initial first testing, I think you can probably get something close to a linotype look using Matcap shader for your ambiant shader. Don't forget to turn ON Plug-in shaders in render options.

Play with the image you use for the shader, as well as perhaps the diffuse color if you want something more unique.

Nice! Great stuff, Nancy!

Hi Tore -

I just found out there is a bug in Matcap (vers 16b PC, haven't tried 17): The image used for the matcap ambiant shader seems to get lost after saving the model (becomes obvious if you start new project and re-import the chor or model).

I have found a work-around: I decal the model with the same image to be used with the Matcap shader, and then set the opacity of the decal to 0%, so that the image comes in with the model.

You also might be able to save the entire thing as a project (do not have to embed everything) and that might work also (haven't tried) .