Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

simcloth versions

sb4

I think I saw that the simcloth feature was introduced with A:M V12.

I have the 11.1i upgrade to AM:2004 (Orangutan). Since this seems to make it technically AM2005, I am wondering if there is a simcloth plugin that would be compatible with my version.

Simcloth seems like it would be a very useful feature for my current goal of using my old A:M for concentrating on efficient 2-D animation, emphasizing storytelling rather than virtuoso animation technique.

I'd also be interested in hearing ideas and experience from anyone focusing on 2-D animation with A:M.

Regards,

-SB

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

No, there isn't a way to put simcloth into earlier versions.

There was a cloth capability in A:M before simcloth and I think it is in v11. It involved a wizard that you applied to meshes. I'm hazy on the details.

I think if you look in "The Art of Animation:Master" booklet for v11 it has a "wave the Flag" tutorial for that version of cloth. But I don't have that booklet with me so i can't confirm that. If it isn't there, it isn't there.

No, there isn't a way to put simcloth into earlier versions.

There was a cloth capability in A:M before simcloth and I think it is in v11. It involved a wizard that you applied to meshes. I'm hazy on the details.

I think if you look in "The Art of Animation:Master" booklet for v11 it has a "wave the Flag" tutorial for that version of cloth. But I don't have that booklet with me so i can't confirm that. If it isn't there, it isn't there.

Yes - the "wave the flag" example is in the booklet that came with V10.5. I'll work with that.

Thanks,

-SB