Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Great Movie Moments

Ilidrake

I've been watching a lot of older movies lately. Its a study on camera, lighting, and most importantly acting.

The latest has been Fried Green Tomatoes! The best scene I think is near the end where Jessica Tandy's character points out Ruth's grave site. There is very little dialogue between the characters, but the acting is superb. Little has to be said I think. The actresses convey so much with just facial acting. If anyone gets a chance go and check out that small part. Really great scene.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea for a thread, in fact I'm hijacking it!

By now the big car chase/demolition derby scene where cop cars get totaled in big pileups while everyone drives like a maniac is a well-worn cliche. My question is, was "Slaughterhouse Five" (1972) the first movie to do this scene? It's the first time I recall, but I have no idea if I'm right or wrong. Been wondering about it for awhile.

I've been watching a lot of older movies lately. Its a study on camera, lighting, and most importantly acting.

The latest has been Fried Green Tomatoes! The best scene I think is near the end where Jessica Tandy's character points out Ruth's grave site. There is very little dialogue between the characters, but the acting is superb. Little has to be said I think. The actresses convey so much with just facial acting. If anyone gets a chance go and check out that small part. Really great scene.

Lloyd

Have you seen the Woody Allen film, "Sweet and Lowdown" ? One of the characters, played by Samantha Morton, is a mute and has to communicate through gesture and written word. I was very impressed by her performance in the film.

The other references I would suggest are the films of Jacques Tati and, in animated format, the one based on a Tati script, "The Illusionist" by Sylvain Chomet. A mixture of drawn and cg animation with very little dialogue.

regards

simon