purplegirl

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi purplegirl,

Can I ask did you embed your project before posting it here?

I only ask as there are 5 Actions showing, presumably the Smartskins? but there is no rigged version of Thom for them to work with. There is a Model1 but that appears empty.

With the faulty project open, go to; Project in the Menu bar and chose; 'Embed All' then Save and re-post the new embedded project. That will ensure everything that you were working with in the project is kept.

Then I'm sure someone here can help.

Hi purplegirl,

Can I ask did you embed your project before posting it here?

I only ask as there are 5 Actions showing, presumably the Smartskins? but there is no rigged version of Thom for them to work with. There is a Model1 but that appears empty.

With the faulty project open, go to; Project in the Menu bar and chose; 'Embed All' and then re-post the new embedded project. That will ensure everything that you were working with in the project is kept.

Then I'm sure someone here can help.

Well, about the model, I was trying to click on New action and I accidentally clicked on New model...I guess I never went back and deleted it. I tried out how the smartskins were working several times, so that's probably what you're seeing. I didn't delete those either. I don't think I embedded my project. Is that helpful?

Here's the embedded project.

Exercise_13.prj

• Admin

This second project downloads (and operates fine) the first one (as was mentioned) did not.

You may want to edit your first post and delete that attachment.

I'm looking at the project file now but so far don't see anything amiss...

I don't think I embedded my project. Is that helpful?

If you don't embed the project files then they will be missing. When you try to share them the project will point to the files that weren't downloaded. Occasionally this might work when using characters like Thom because they are in the same relative locations on everyone's computer systems. I'd say that when in doubt for sharing you should embed and/or use the consolidation feature to zip everything up into a single file that can be shared. The benefit of consolidation beyond embedding is that any images used in the project (decals etc.) will also be shared.