Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Slight real time transparency anomaly in.

• Hash Fellow

Edit: No need to try this anymore. I have ascertained enough to send a bug report. Thanks!

load this PRJ, select the camera view (number pad 1), and select model you see there.

Switch between Director mode and Skeletal Mode. Can you see the shade thru the window in both modes or just one?

CantSeeThruGlass.prj

What graphics card do you have?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can see shade in directors mode, but not in skeletal.

However - if you change the transparency to 100% - you can see the shade in both modes.

I also noticed that there was a problem with partially transparent objects casting shadows or reflections (can't remember which) when I was doing my Lothario & Ida dance animation. Image (reflection I think) would pop when it went from partial to 100%. I eventually just moved the camera so it wouldn't show the pop.

nvidia gts 8600

I also noticed that there was a problem with partially transparent objects casting shadows or reflections (can't remember which) when I was doing my Lothario & Ida dance animation. Image (reflection I think) would pop when it went from partial to 100%. I eventually just moved the camera so it wouldn't show the pop.

Here's example of popping (I changed a bunch of properties in your models - but in these 2 images the only thing different is that the model goes from 75% transparent to 76%. It's the RIM z-buffered shadows that pop. Other lights are turned off. Ground is 99% reflective in both cases (changed to gray, 100% diffuse falloff).

75transparent.jpg

76transparent.jpg

BadShadowsReflectivity.prj

Edited by NancyGormezano

• Hash Fellow

I dimly recall that the shadowing difference is a limitation of z-buffered lights. I might be wrong on that but I think Martin said something like that once.

The work-around was to change the light to ray traced.