sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

not seeing decals or rotoscopes

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Hey Gene!

Where are you not seeing the Rotoscopes? In the final render?

To keep rotoscopes from appearing where they aren't needed A:M has a few settings that must be on in order to see them in final renderings.

The biggest culprit of missing Rotos is probably the 'In Alpha Channel' setting.

This can be perplexing at times because a Roto that is rendering suddenly will not render in a scene and perhaps the only thing that has changed is the file format you are rendering. Say, JPG versus PNG.

When rendering out an image with an Alpha Channel the rotoscope will not be seen if this setting isn't set to "On".

We'll need a little more information about your specific case in order to proceed.

Final Render?

Using Alpha Channels?

Can they be seen anywhere else?

If you are not seeing Decals *or* Rotoscopes this may be something else entirely.

Perhaps the original image or a display driver that recently was changed.

• Admin

With regard to Rotos the primary reason they wouldn't appear in a Modeling window is that they must be seen from the cardinal directions of Top, Front, Right, Left etc. Perhaps they are set to a view that you aren't looking at?

Of course this will not explain Decals not showing up. If not a user setting then this is usually this is an indicator of a video graphics setting.

I had a similar problem when I turned Window's Aero back on a few weeks ago.

Have you tried resetting A:M and shutting down your computer (all the way)?

Sometimes that cleans out the cobwebs.

ctrl D doesn't work

ctrl + d only works for DECALS. Your topic title said "Not seeing decals or rotoscopes" so as stated above (let's hope 3rd time is charm):

Should have brought you to post # 2 of this thread, but I'll save your widdle scrolling finger and repeat: try ctrl+ d - to toggle the visibility of decals on/off

that looks like a rotoscope - that's a different animal.

I have had problems with rotoscopes as well - at times (but unfortunately can't remember what problem was) -

Does that happen with any image you try for a rotoscope? perhaps try a tga image to test? or a different file image format (jpg?) - different size? also try turning off grid and see if that helps.

I'll let Rodney take it from here.