Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bitmapplus for bricks micro-bug

Inspired by Mark's impressive re-creation of the "Rear Window" set, I've started experimenting with using BitmapPlus for building bricks and shingles. In an attempt to add more variation to the bricks I added three materials with three different decals and set their visibilities so each one only shows up one-third of the time. Worked like a charm. Then I ran the same play with three bump decals. This time only the first decal is visible, no matter what the other two material's parameters are. There's an easy work around (live with one texture) but I'm curious if there's something I'm missing.

bitmapplus_bricks_01.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

I have a vague memory that Bitmapplus was coded around the same time that the old bump maps were replaced with the new displacement. This may be related to what you are experiencing.

I'd guess more but it's been too long since I played with Bitmapplus to be sure.

Do you have the option to select Legacy Bumps or Displacement?

If using displacement that setting needs to really be cranked up.

Edit: A quick refresh by checking out the settings suggests... no.

I never experimented with more than one bump material. Are you using a greyscale image for the bump material? If yes, can you merge your three bump maps into one image and use only one bump material? BitmapPlus can also use normal maps within the same color material, this may work better than setting the material to a bump percentage.