Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Saving a model - possible Mac bug?

thumperness

On my iMac, I have opened the model 'Kid.mdl' from the extras DVD and I want to save it to my hard drive so I can give him some speech pose sliders.

When I right click on kid in the objects section of the PWS, I get the option to 'Save As..'

I choose that and the window opens for choosing where to save it.

It does not let me select ANY different location to save on my computer. :angry:

Am I missing a step?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should be more specific...

I can use the drop down menu at the top of the save as window to move to a limited number of options of where to save the model. But the frame on the left that has things like desktop, applications, etc. is not grayed out but it does nothing when you click on anything in the left navigation frame.

Hi David,

That's a glitch with the Mac OS that showed up a few OSs ago.

There's a workaround, thankfully!

In the case of there just being one windeow (ie Save As...), just switch to another app and then back to A:M and the options won't be greyed out anymore. You can do this quickly by using command-tab.

In the case of a finder window on top of another window (say you've got the render dialogue box open and want to select where to save the render), use the Hide command FROM the application menu and then go back to Animation:Master.

It's become second nature to me, but it was quite frustrating before I figured out a way around it! :-)