Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

importing model files to a project?

Roger

• *A:M User*

Will importing a saved model file from your local disk screw up a project, such that you get the problems with prior versions losing their changes?

I thought this only happened if you saved something from the project as a model file. So I am assuming it goes the other way as well? Or am I wrong here?

Because I just imported an eyeball model from the extras, it turned my entire penguin orange (not sure why but it looks like it applied the beak color to the entire body) and then when I went back a version the penguin was also orange. The version before that is ok, and I didn't lose much in the way of work but this makes things difficult. I guess I will have to model everything in the project and only import models into a chor.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Will importing a saved model file from your local disk screw up a project, such that you get the problems with prior versions losing their changes?

Projects are made to have things added to them. This should not be a problem.

I thought this only happened if you saved something from the project as a model file. So I am assuming it goes the other way as well? Or am I wrong here?
Saving something from a project should not be a problem.

Because I just imported an eyeball model from the extras, it turned my entire penguin orange (not sure why but it looks like it applied the beak color to the entire body) and then when I went back a version the penguin was also orange. The version before that is ok, and I didn't lose much in the way of work but this makes things difficult. I guess I will have to model everything in the project and only import models into a chor.

Some key element is missing from this description of events. Normally one can import eyeballs all day and not turn one's penguin orange. :D

When something that odd happens, don't save anything. That's like saying you want to odd thing to be permanent. Quit. retrace your steps.

As always, we'll need more info. :)