sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Winnie the Pooh

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I saw it today. Obviously not a major work or blockbuster, but entertaining none-the-less.

It's clever in many ways, avoids hipsterism and maintains the look and spirit of the earlier Pooh films.

I'm impressed they got someone to sound like Sterling Holloway.

Don't leave until the end credits have completely finished.

I suspect "Cars 2" won't be in the nominations for the Oscar next year, "Pooh" might be a more likely bet.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have Dejas and Goldberg on 2 of the characters, which is a good thing. I'm not familiar with Mark Henn by name, but I see he did Fa Mulan and Fa Zhou and Pocahontas and Belle and Jasmine and Ariel as either character lead, lead animator, or animator, so I think he passes. The only missing big name that I'm familiar with is Glen Keane, who was busy with other films.

It looks like Jim Cummins has been doing Pooh's voice since 1990, Tigger's voice since 1991 (interspersed with Paul Winchell until 1999), and once or twice as Eeyore. His list of roles is quite impressive.

I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I did a fairly large promotional for the movie at the theatre. Decorated in Winnie the Pooh style, created characters and made the theatre the Hundred Acre Wood. I'll upload a few pics when I get the chance. The only downfall is barely anyone has come to see Pooh :(