sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do you calculate a volume?

pixelplucker

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if there was a plug in for this and where to get it if it existed but I'm trying to calculate the volume of an object that is a closed shape.

You can fined the volume of an object by right clicking in the modelling window and go to Plugins > Wizards > Calculate Volume.

Calculate_Volume.png

Ya link is broken on Steffens but I lucked out. I had a copy of one of the older ones on a cd and it works fine.

I'm using the plug to determine how much material is used on some objects I created in AM that will be molded.

Is there a 64 bit one out?

I can calculate the cost of material used based on the volume of material. This gives me the cost per part in consumable. Still have to figure in my waste for the gates and runners also but those can be roughly a fixed amount.

Funny I ended up splining the parts in AM because the cad program I was using had trouble with bevels on a ruled surface that was cut out. This seamed to be an issue across 3 different programs. The parts aren't critical but needed smooth edges and all extrusions had to have a draft angle so they can be released from the mold, can't be at 90°.