Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Working through tutorials

Roger

• *A:M User*

I'm a bit stuck on my personal project right now, and waiting for a new license key, so I'm back in v13 at the moment and thought I would go through the tutorials. My thinking is it is better to be doing something than nothing. I sort of glossed over the earlier tutorials in favor of the modelling tutorials, as that is what I was having problems with at the time. I loaded the Keykat model and noticed there is something a bit off about him - his eyes look like they are too far back in his sockets and one of his fingers has a CP jumping way off it. Is this normal? I loaded him directly from the CD. I can fix the eyes simply enough, by moving them forward, not sure if it will be as easy to fix the finger. Maybe I'll just use one of the other models for the exercises.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I forget the reason his eyes are modeled farther back, but when you drop him in a chor his eyes appear properly.

The Pose Rig>Setup>Eye constraints puts them forward and is ON by default once he's dropped in a chor or action.

• *A:M User*

Here's the wierd thing, though: when I click View > pose sliders and then click on the All tab, I don't see any defined poses. I didn't think of this til just now, but I think I may not be in Choreography mode.

• Hash Fellow

When you are active in the model window, all a model's poses can be seen under User Properties.

Poses only appear in the Pose window when they can be keyed, such as when you are in a chor or making another pose.

Ah, I had noticed this with KeyKat's eyes as well. Then by chance the other day, whilst poking around inside the Extras DVD, came across this tutorial for making similar looking eyes.

Extras DVD > Tutorials > Bootcamp > EyeTut.html

Though I'v not had a chance to try it myself yet, it dose look like the way KeyKat's eyes are made. Hope it helps.