Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Trouble with sound on AVI

RS3D

I am using vers. 15.0j+. I am able to render output files in MOV format with sound, but not in the AVI format. I seached the archives and this is similar to another person's problem from March 21, 2010. In that case, he just decided to keep using MOV.

However, I would like to use AVI. Does anyone know where I can find some way of figuring out what the problem is?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I tried it and v15 doesn't seem to create an audio track in AVI.

v16 does. If you have v15 you can also run the current v16. Install it and copy your master0.lic file from v15 to v16.

I presume you have a great reason to use AVI. You'll need to choose "uncompressed" video and the audio track will also be huge.

If you have QuickTime Pro it offers good options for compressing audio (AAC is good).

I like to render to something uncompressed and then compress everything in QT Pro.

That could have been me...can't remember if I posted anything about it. However, I did have this issue at one time. It was a V.15 bug I think. I normally just use MOV's and/ or TGA sequences though. A work around is to render out TGA's and composite the audio in a post app like After Effects or Premiere.