sprockets Hans Donuts Featured USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Can't view or play first video I have created.

tmaxx

I am following through the tutorial and I have just finished the first one which results in a short video .avi file. If I select "Play Animation File" in the A:M top toolbar, I can see the video file. It has a small lock in the lower left hand corner which I imagine means it's read only. Anyway, if I select the file, I get an error in the media player. I first tried WMP 12. Then I installed VLC media player and still get an error.

The strange thing is if I use windows explorer to navigate to the directory which contains the video file, I don't see the video file listed in the directory.

I am getting discouraged since I can't even get past the first tutorial!?!? Please help.

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Make sure "Advanced " is on for your render settings...

then on the Output tab Click the "Format " triangle so you can see "save Options"

Click on "Set"

What codec is chosen?

"Uncompressed" or "MS video 1" are safer choices.

Quicktime format is better than AVI generally.

I am getting discouraged since I can't even get past the first tutorial!?!? Please help.

Brace yourself. Many bumps lie ahead.

Make sure "Advanced " is on for your render settings...

then on the Output tab Click the "Format " triangle so you can see "save Options"

Click on "Set"

What codec is chosen?

"Uncompressed" or "MS video 1" are safer choices.

Quicktime format is better than AVI generally.

Brace yourself. Many bumps lie ahead.

The compressor selected was "Cinepak Codec by Radius". I'll change it to "Full Frames Uncompressed" and try that.

Thanks.

• Hash Fellow
Even after following the guidance above, I still can't see the .avi file in the directory when I look with windows explorer.

When you render it you choose a "save to" location. Are you sure you're looking at the right spot?

Try saving it to the desktop. Just to try.

Even after following the guidance above, I still can't see the .avi file in the directory when I look with windows explorer.

When you render it you choose a "save to" location. Are you sure you're looking at the right spot?

Try saving it to the desktop. Just to try.

Cinepak Codec by Radius is an old codec-format used by Micrsoft. It should work with WMP. Are you sure you are writing to a director you have full access to?

-> Try the desktop-folder to be sure that it is not a problem with that.

See you

*Fuchur*