sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cloth dragging along the ground

Meowx

I've got a long, flow-y robe-like skirt that has a trail that drags along the ground. Is there any way to do this with cloth? I've been experimenting around and always just end up with the cloth catching repeatedly on the ground.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, it's "possible", but cloth is not an easy thing to work with. It takes hours of fiddling and re-simulating for something like that. And once you get a decent simulation, you will probably have to go in and reduce (delete) some of the keyframes so you can manually tweak them in Muscle Mode in the end. I don't know of any cookbook style settings that just work. And you usually have to do more testing and simulating with every chor the cloth appears in, even if it is the same model. Save the cloth stuff for the very last part, after all the animation and other stuff is finished. And only use cloth for the bits where it is absolutely necessary. Robcat had some success with a cloth hand puppet he made several months ago, but unfortunately, I can't find the thread.