Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animated sprite particles?

Meowx

Trying to get a sprite particle system set up, and can't help but think I'm missing something basic here.

I can't get the opacity to change over time. It's just constant. I adjust the opacity over time on the timeline, but it does nothing.

And is it possible to use an animated format for a sprite? .gif or .mov? Had no luck with .mov, nothing renders.

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Meow-

I just did a smoke animation where I got the sprite to fade in and out really nicely... you need to keyframe the 'over time' parameter. (See image)

AND- Quicktimes can be wonky... use a sequence like jpg or tga or png... tga is prolly the best.

wtf.jpg

Awesome, ty both! :D

Must have been messing something up with the timeline window. Works fantastic now. d^_^b

I'm actually REALLY happy with the result, here's a quick test render I did. Got exactly the effect I was going for.

particles_test.mov

And it takes almost no time at all to render because they're sprites. Thanks again!!

Hmm, is there a known bug with particles + "on the fly" dynamics simulation? I was doing some test renders and noticed that my dynamics had all but died - their effects were very, very muted. Tried rendering without particles/hair and they were back to normal. Now, easy enough to bypass - just simulate springs first - but is this a known issue?

This was also in a "shaded" movie render. I didn't try it with a full quality render.

• Hash Fellow
Hmm, is there a known bug with particles + "on the fly" dynamics simulation? I was doing some test renders and noticed that my dynamics had all but died - their effects were very, very muted. Tried rendering without particles/hair and they were back to normal. Now, easy enough to bypass - just simulate springs first - but is this a known issue?

I seem to recall that we're supposed to simulate springs before rendering now, but back around v10.5 I didnt' have to. None-the-less if you candocument a case of unecpected behavior with particles present make an AMReport of it.