Tom's Ghost

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Experimenting with front projection roto to make a ghost. I am not sure why the sky came out white, this is default chor. It looks kind of cool tho.

definitely looks cool - neat idea. Poor thom.

the sky/background is white because I am assuming your roto is white (the .mov was not included with project) - rotoscopes in the chor are used to fill up any areas that aren't filled by any of the models, in this case the sky. The roto is also used for the image of which to project onto models which have the front projection option ON.

If you want the background image to be different from the front projection image - you might try having fog ON with a fog image (with the image different than the camera rotoscope). Have the start end distances for fog be farther away than the front projected models.

Then you can have a different image to use for front projection as well as for background.

Not quite sure why you had to front project Tom (why not make it a whitish/transparentish model?) - love the glow effect around him

For something even more strange try making tom ghost also flat shaded as well as front projected - with white roto - you might get a melty look - depending on the lighting.

Thanks Nancy. I tried using fog with no image (not quite sure what an image does on fog). I may not have understood your suggestion fully tho. The reason I was using a roto was I don't want tom's innards showing like what happens when you make the model transparent. On him it wouldn't be too bad. You would see his eyeball inside his skull for example. So, what I did was render the scene with the ghost inactive and used that as the roto with some transparency so you can see thru him. Here I tried dof on the roto render and also adjusted some lights. The fog one I tried might have been cool but it just didn't seem to work at all when I applied it to the camera.

I have been experiencing wierdness with changing out the roto's and had to revert the project several times. Sometimes they just won't show up and sometimes it is like it is tiling it in a strange way. Maybe this has something to do with the empty roto folder issue?

tomsghostroto.mov

tomsghost2.mov

Thanks Nancy. I tried using fog with no image (not quite sure what an image does on fog). I may not have understood your suggestion fully tho. The reason I was using a roto was I don't want tom's innards showing like what happens when you make the model transparent.

Ah yes - now I understand

Using an image (instead of the background color) for fog opens up many possibilities - here's example of using 2 different images for camera roto, and fog. Thom and the ground plane are both front projected. The fog near, far distances are set to behind thom

Not sure what's going on with your weirdness and rotos

yellowrotoprintfog0.jpg

printrotoyellowfog0.jpg