Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

mapping quicktime files vs. pic files...

new guy

Hey Gang!

I'm trying to map some Quicktime files onto the green and blue screens, but unfortunately, AM keeps crashing on me. :( Should I be using a certain codec? Does AM like Quicktime files with alfas? Should I use some pic sequence such as a targa instead of a Quicktime movie?

Also, I wanted to add some people (green screen and keyed with alfa) onto the middle stage. Can I place them there without having to map onto a grid/wall? Can they stand alone away from the wall right up to the railing or do I have to map them onto a solid grid/wall?

Thanks in advance.

post-12905-1265312904_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow
Also, I wanted to add some people (green screen and keyed with alfa) onto the middle stage. Can I place them there without having to map onto a grid/wall? Can they stand alone away from the wall right up to the railing or do I have to map them onto a solid grid/wall?

The will need to be mapped on something. If you have a proper alpha channel created that will work.

I'm trying to map some Quicktime files onto the green and blue screens

Yeah, a tga sequence with alpha usually works best, thought I have had success with quicktime movies compressed with the Animation codec.

I've had best results making the background behind an image of the person black after I create the alpha channel, and make the alpha channel 1 or 2 pixels smaller than the object. This helps to eliminate the fringe that sometimes results from some programs like Photoshop.

You can create a Layer in the choreography in A:M to map the image or image sequence onto. First import your image or sequence, Right-click on the chor and choose New > Layer and choose your image. You can move a Layer anywhere you want in the chor.

I'm trying to map some Quicktime files onto the green and blue screens

Yeah, a tga sequence with alpha usually works best, thought I have had success with quicktime movies compressed with the Animation codec.

I've had best results making the background behind an image of the person black after I create the alpha channel, and make the alpha channel 1 or 2 pixels smaller than the object. This helps to eliminate the fringe that sometimes results from some programs like Photoshop.

You can create a Layer in the choreography in A:M to map the image or image sequence onto. First import your image or sequence, Right-click on the chor and choose New > Layer and choose your image. You can move a Layer anywhere you want in the chor.