Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Walk Cycle

Simon Edmondson

I set up a walk cycle for the figure I've beenn animating ( WIP section ).

When I test it in the action window it looks OK but, when I come to use it in the choreography window I get smal amounts of foot slide, which is very annoying.

Is this a function of the step distance or is it the way I may have set up the cycle itself ?

I did the tutorial in TAO book but slightly fuzzy about the area that I place the markers in for the step distance ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

cheers

simon

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

hard to know what is wrong without the action.

You know you can change the stride length number. make it a bit longer, a bit shorter...

There will always be a bit of slipping if your character is on a curved path.

hard to know what is wrong without the action.

You know you can change the stride length number. make it a bit longer, a bit shorter...

There will always be a bit of slipping if your character is on a curved path.

Rob

The walk is on a straight line. Would it help to post the action ?

Select the feet nulls and go into their spline curves in the timeline. Their splines should be set to smooth which creates a little bit of motion in places you don't want it. Just select the keyframes where the foot is on the ground and set them to linear. That's as good as I can explain without the action.

Select the feet nulls and go into their spline curves in the timeline. Their splines should be set to smooth which creates a little bit of motion in places you don't want it. Just select the keyframes where the foot is on the ground and set them to linear. That's as good as I can explain without the action.

Ken

Thank you that was clear enough. On a related subject.

If I want to put a hold into an action Would I do it in the same sort of way? I've got a bit in another action where the figure is lifting its shoulder off the ground and, depite keying some pauses in, it still reads too quickly. If I use the f curve there it would put a pause in ?

I've never got to the curves yet !

Have fun

simon