sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

help dragon dragons everywhere

tommorrissey68

> first you have a great render.>>> i was wondering if there is an add on i can use to make the mideling more > clay like.>>> i see other people have made dragons and i do not want to steal there's > instead makeing my own.>>> i am having a hard time with the eyes and the mouth.>>> wvwrytime i try to open the face for eyes the lathed object fails i have > tried 8-16 spins still no good.>>> i want to add bumps after the spin which it very hard to do.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
> first you have a great render.>>> i was wondering if there is an add on i can use to make the mideling more > clay like.>>>

It's already pretty clay-like. you can push and pull points all over the place.. There isn't an add-on for that.

Many modeling techniques you might know from polygon programs don't apply to splines. You want to learn spline modeling techniques.

wvwrytime i try to open the face for eyes the lathed object fails i have > tried 8-16 spins still no good.>>> i want to add bumps after the spin which it very hard to do.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Have you done the modeling tutorials in "The Art of Animation:Master"? That's stuff you gotta know before you try a dragon.

i was wondering if there is an add on i can use to make the mideling more > clay like.

A common technique to make your model appear more clay-like is to use Ambient Occlusion.

You have to turn this on in two different places.

In the Choreography properties, under Global Ambiance Type, set "Ambiance Occlusion" to something (try 100% for starters).

In the Camera Properties, under Render Options, set Ambiance Occlusion to ON

Also in the Camera Properties, under Render Options, set Multi-Pass to ON. You can get a decent Multipass render with 5 passes, but if the shadows look too grainy, you can increase the number of passes.

AO (Ambiance Occlusion) only works if there is "open sky" above the model. You can't use a sky dome or put the model in an enclosed space when using AO.

As far as your modeling questions, could you please describe more clearly what you are trying to do? Maybe post a screenshot of your model in Shaded/Wireframe view so we can see what your splines are doing?