sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

texture application

Master chief

ok trying textures for a bit to reduce rendering times and have run into a problem

here is a pic of the rendered image , you can see a belt of circut like textures surounded by a distortion of the rest . when in normal mode it looks like its fully covered by the circut texture

part2.bmp

here is a copy of the model i used

Model9.mdl

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a problem on my computer in V.13t. Did you try to save, close AM, open again and see?

Not quite clear if you are trying to cover the whole object with the pattern or just trying to put a belt around like in my pic? Also make sure your decal is working right by applying it to other stuff. I could not test it since you did not post it.

cyl.jpg

• Hash Fellow

I just picked an image from my drive to stand in for the missing decal and I go this which looks sort of normal but it doesn't look like the repeat settings you had of x 20 and y 1

tileddecal.jpg

I'm not sure if you want the "belt" like Eric got or the "all-over" I got.

Try again after deleting the decal from the model in the PWS.

Here's the problem - You did not cover the whole model with the decal as you applied it. Scale the decal up in the front view to cover the whole model, select cylindrical as application method and apply. Then go into the decal image properties and set the repeats as you want. I got these results using 20 and 2.

cyl.jpg

Is this what you were trying to do?

model9_al.jpg

If so, what I did was select the control points for the center section of the object, then hid everything else. I was left with just the center cylinder section. The Application Method was set to cylindrical. I turned on Seamless (as this is a seamless tileable image), left Repeat X as 20 and changed Repeat Y to .5.

Here is the model file.

model9_al.mdl

Hope this helps...

Al

I haven't done much texturing, but from what I was able to find out today, is that if you use cylindrical or spherical, it will cover the entire visible object. The regular planar seems to apply to only what the decal is covering.

Al