sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Storage Shed

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL yap I've seen some cheap lumber in Home Depot. I'll check out the buildiing code what town hall building would you go at ?

Well I fixed the top part fewwwww I add the sides, front, back and roof now her come the fun part putting the sheet of plywood on there. I couldn't take video of the back yard we been having rain all day that sucks.

Storage_Shed_2.JPG Storage_Shed_3.JPG Storage_Shed_4.JPG

nice shed!

Your walls need a top plate.

If you are not using metal brackets for the rough window sills, you will need a couple of extra cripple studs under each window.

Usually, if the window spans more than one space between studs, you need to put a header over each window.

Your rafters need a top beam running the length of the shed to maintain their spacing while you are climbing around up there tacking on sheeting.

You should extend the rafters a foot or two past the outer walls to keep water from running off the roof, down your walls and rotting them.

You cut the ends of the rafters perpendicular to the ground and then nail a fascia to them.

(A shed roof is much easier and cheaper. You have a gabled roof there.)

In my somewhat limited experience, all the studs in a wall are usually oriented the same way. In your image, the studs at the ends of each wall are rotated 90 degrees.

Then you place three studs (instead of one) at the corners so you have a nailing surface inside the structure at the corners.

There are some good tutorials on the web about framing a simple structure.

Well bad new on the storage shed build. No build on the real storage shed build stepdad wanted a place for chickens and mom said no on the chickens so scratch that I deal out

but I'll finish the 3d model one though :D I got the plywood side up on it All I got to do is paint or decal the shed and get a pic of the backyard.

Storage_Shed_6.JPG Storage_Shed_7.JPG

I have to tweek the model and add some glass in the window's and take a pic of my back yard and add it in there sorry for the decal door I used the wood material and when I wonted to add shengles to it they turned to wood why does it do that ? ( I just left it wood )

Storage_Shed_8.JPG