Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Troubles with character Talking PLEASE PLEASE HELP

bts0

Hi I am using a macbook at school, and i am working on animation during my art class because my teacher has let me do so, buuuuut i was trying out the talking on my character and it is having a lot of problems with the dope sheet, i am trying out the sound "secret" and i type into the dope sheet "i've got a secret. Can you keep a secret? Didn't think so" but when i click ok, the only word that shows up on the timeline is "I've" and it keeps having erros like unable to access animation master, and cannot find dictionary. I have even looked in the animation folder and dictionary.dic is in the folder! so i have nooooo idea whats going on :(

please please anyone who can help much appreciated

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone soon will will pop in here and solve this.

I think this is a common problem but has an easy solution as I remember.

I just cant remember cause I haven't used dopesheet since I did the TAO.

Trust me your answer will come soon.

sorry I couldn't help.

Gene

A step by step of what you are doing might help locate the problem. I'll list what I'm doing:

1. I open Keekat, double-click on the "Action" folder to create a new Action (selecting Keekat for the Action).

2. I select the newly created Action, right mouse-click and select "New/Dope Sheet".

3. When the "Add sentence" menu pops up, I input the sentence I want.

4. I scrub through the Action to make sure everything is there, then I double-click on the "Choreographies" folder to create a new Choreography.

5. I drag the Keekat model from the PWS into the new Choreography, then drag the Action onto the Keekat in the Choreography and check to make sure it is working correctly.

Some things to check:

1. Where is your dictionary file located? If it's on your hard drive, move the file (make another folder and put it in there), go through the steps again and when it asks where your dictionary file is located, browse to the new location. Hopefully, that will cure the inability to find the file.

2. Is the Choreography adjusting to the length of the Action? Is the Action adjusting it's length to the sentence in the Dope Sheet? In the Dope Sheet, does the whole sentence show up?

3. If you're using another character, try it with Keekat...it should work with him.

Hope that helps.

A step by step of what you are doing might help locate the problem. I'll list what I'm doing:

1. I open Keekat, double-click on the "Action" folder to create a new Action (selecting Keekat for the Action).

2. I select the newly created Action, right mouse-click and select "New/Dope Sheet".

3. When the "Add sentence" menu pops up, I input the sentence I want.

4. I scrub through the Action to make sure everything is there, then I double-click on the "Choreographies" folder to create a new Choreography.

5. I drag the Keekat model from the PWS into the new Choreography, then drag the Action onto the Keekat in the Choreography and check to make sure it is working correctly.

Some things to check:

1. Where is your dictionary file located? If it's on your hard drive, move the file (make another folder and put it in there), go through the steps again and when it asks where your dictionary file is located, browse to the new location. Hopefully, that will cure the inability to find the file.

2. Is the Choreography adjusting to the length of the Action? Is the Action adjusting it's length to the sentence in the Dope Sheet? In the Dope Sheet, does the whole sentence show up?

3. If you're using another character, try it with Keekat...it should work with him.

Hope that helps.

ok thank you i will try those steps, i am using my own character (penguin) so i will try it on keekat to see if it works on there

If you use your own character, make sure it has the necessary phoneme Poses...otherwise it won't work.

thank you it worked! now i just have to edit it and make the words fit with the sound and make sure his mouth moves the right way