sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Ohhhh, Rodney. . . . .

MJL

Rodney,

Back in the days of PM’s you once offered to help translate Photo-Shop-speak to Corel-speak. I’m working through Holm’s wonderful tute on converting normal maps( I’m still not exactly sure what those are) to bump and displacement maps.

I got Aaver’s wonderful plugin installed and made my normal maps w/ Alpha as per the instructions. But I’m having a little trouble figuring out how to do this in Corel X3:

* Copy the Red Channel, make a new layer (not a new channel), and paste the copied channel into the layer. Name this layer "Red".

Red layer:

* Now copy the Red layer and Invert the color values on the layer by choosing (in Photoshop) Image -> Adjustments -> Invert. This reverses the image so the dark areas are light and the light areas are dark (in a color image, it would make it look like a film negative).

Could you possibly translate this for me.

(I decided to post this rather than send an email, thinking that others might benefit, too.)

Thanks

P.S. If anyone else has the Rosetta Stone, I'm not choosy concerning the source of enlightenment.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I'm no where near my computer right now but...

On the drop down menu there is an option to convert you image to Red/Green/Blue (RGB).

Another option is CYMK where Magenta is the equivalent of Red.

You copy this image via Edit/Copy and paste this in as a new Layer.

Keep asking questions and my memory may return.

I found my Rosetta Stone!

I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop CS2. I'll be comparing for the next 30 days so I can hopefully translate terminology between the two.

thanks Rodney