sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animating the rate of emission values for particles

How do you animate values like the rate of emission to start/stop a particle material from generating particles? I've figured out the way to animate things like opacity, size, and gravitational effect, but stopping and starting the effect using rate of emission eludes me.

An example of where it's done is the Explosion Project in the Animation: master libraries. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about.

Whoever can answer this for me absolutely rocks. Even if you don't answer, you probably rock anyway.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To animate the rate of emission, you have to do it in a pose, action or chor. In the chor, click on the "show more than drivers" icon in the PWS beside the model shortcut that has the sprite material. Then click on the little "+" sign beside the model shortcut and drill down until you find the sprite material and it's properties. There you can, for example, set the Rate of Emission to 0 on frame 10 and set it to 100 on frame 11 etc...