sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animated On/Off Pose

Meowx

What I'd like is a toggle switch for simple, repetitive actions - like a spinning doodad on a prop or a character breathing. I've been playing around with stuff, digging through the manual and searching the forums... either I'm missing something obvious or this isn't something that you can do.

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Create your cyclical Action, drop it on your character in a choreography and drag it to it's correct start location on the timeline. In the PWS, find your model, expand it's so that you can find the Action that you just applied. Expand it's properties and set the 'Repeat' value to whatever is required. If you don't see the "Repeat" option you probably have "Has Stride Length" set to "On" and will need to turn it off first.

I know that it is not a button/switch but it is almost as simple as flipping a switch.

Yes, an action with a repeat count, like Paul suggests is the one tried and true, easiest method for most things.

Eventually you might want to write an expression eg, for the swaying behavior of a bone based on sin curve and time - OR you might want to explore setting the end method for a channel's behavior to repeat . The default method is reset, & the other options are ping pong, linear, accumulate, hold.

More than 1 way to skin a cat. Repeatably. Just depends on what kind of repetitive action you're needing.

I've never had the need to write an expression or change end method - doesn't mean I shouldn't have. Others have done some brilliant things that way.