sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

need some turbo

Master chief

ok i thought my comp would have been goo enough but apperantly i have a model that even in wire frame lags when moved , i downloaded a free base female and managed to successfully import it to AM it is a bit complex to make for ecelent detail, is there any thing i can do to make it go faster or am i just gona have to deal with it

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm guessing the poly model you imported probably has 20,000 patches or more. If you right click on the model and choose "info" it will tell you. My experience is that when a single model goes over 10,000 patches, everything starts to slow down. All you have to do is take about 10,000 patches out the the model. :)

Its usually a better idea to model characters and other organic shapes in Animation Master. Trying to import those types of models from a poly program seems to bring more grief than its worth.

Its usually a better idea to model characters and other organic shapes in Animation Master. Trying to import those types of models from a poly program seems to bring more grief than its worth.

Depends... in the 3d-world-mag (Nr. 115) there is a good poly-model which can be imported to A:M quite well. It has too many patches of course but there are only a few spots that has to be redone like the hands (worst part). But most stuff can easily be re-done with a few hooks or 5pointers and you get the really nice proportions of the human model we got there (which is hard for me to get when modelling by myself).

The biggest problem I see in importing poly-models is, that the finding-patches-algorithm is too slow when it comes to many patches. (above 10.000)

The image of the model I attached below has about 37.000 patches which is just too much to be handle in a useful way by A:M. It came as an OBJ-file and was modelled with very good edge-loop-techniques.

However the finding-patches-algorithm is that slow on my (admittedly very old) pc, that it is not reworkable in a decent time.

See you

*Fuchur*

OBJ_Import_of_good_model.jpg