Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Can anyone help

Jeff B

Hi all

sorry to be a pain for prob a very easy answer but i'm not that good yet. :D

Can someone tell me how to use video footage from say window movie maker on Vista and use it as a back drop for my sort aniamtion.

I want to add an animation in the film ie. like the film Rogger Rabbit.

I have no idea how to make a scenary or back drop let alone use video footage.

Many Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers Jeff

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can import it through the image folder in the pw's image animation/sequance .not sure it will import that formatt but will import qt.movie avi and the best is tga sequance .Once you have it in then make a new layer (under objects or roto) and show it the movie ,drag that into your chorie as you would a model .phew my hand aches lol

You can import it through the image folder in the pw's image animation/sequance .not sure it will import that formatt but will import qt.movie avi and the best is tga sequance .Once you have it in then make a new layer (under objects or roto) and show it the movie ,drag that into your chorie as you would a model .phew my hand aches lol

Hi Steve

Many thanks for a fast reply,

Sorry to be a pain but I am still quite new to this, how will the video play ie can i just go ahead and animate on top of this video.

Cheers

It will be on a layer in the background instead of the colour you have ,if you wan to animate ,just go ahead and do it with your model but to include a model in the background takes a bit more work ,you need to build some geometary that will look like say the floor in the movie and place it .There is a good tut somewhere I will see if I can find it

Here are the steps to import an image sequence.

First, your images must be named in sequential order. (myImage_001, myImage_002, myImage_003, etc.) If you have more than 99 images in the sequence, you should use 3 decimal places (001), if you have more than 999 images, you should use 4 decimal places (0001).

Right-click on the container in the Project Workspace (PWS) window and choose Import -> Animation or Image Sequence.

When the "Open File" dialog box appears, make sure the box in the bottom left, labeled "Import as an animation or sequence of images" is checked.

Navigate to your images and choose the first one in the sequence. You don't have to select all of them.

Hit the "Open" button on the dialog box, and AM will import all the images in the sequence so they will play as a movie file.

Hey Homes and Jeff, just so you know the image seq import is a little different (and a little funky) on the Mac, e.g., the "Import as an animation or sequence of images" option is not there. I think you have to highlight the whole series and click import.

However the image seq import can be a little buggy on the mac and it may be necessary to drag them into the images folder from a finder window. Jeff, if it's a longish movie you're bringing in it may get a little arduous. Try it out with a shorter sequence just for a test, say 20-30 images and see what works.

Hang in there, this is a process that will take some experimenting on your part. Just keep asking questions and be as specific as you can.