Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Run A:M on multiple computers?

danf

I'm starting a job soon, teaching teens to make movies. Since I've been dabbling with A:M, I was thinking of showing them some of the basics, get them excited about special effects. However, I'm registered on my home computer.

If I go to one of my work computers, can I log in my account and use A:M? It's fine if it deactivates my home copy until I re-log-in there, I'm really not trying to pirate it. I'm trying to see if I can bring it to a class, that could very possibly get some kids to save up for their own copies.

Of course, if the answer is a simple no, I understand. Whatever it takes to keep this awesome team employed :) I could talk to my bosses about a new investment...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting a job soon, teaching teens to make movies. Since I've been dabbling with A:M, I was thinking of showing them some of the basics, get them excited about special effects. However, I'm registered on my home computer.

If I go to one of my work computers, can I log in my account and use A:M? It's fine if it deactivates my home copy until I re-log-in there, I'm really not trying to pirate it. I'm trying to see if I can bring it to a class, that could very possibly get some kids to save up for their own copies.

Of course, if the answer is a simple no, I understand. Whatever it takes to keep this awesome team employed :) I could talk to my bosses about a new investment...

It is not possible in an automatic way. You can ask Hash to unlock it for another machine, but this will mean that your homecomputer will not work no longer.

This is meant for people who are changing computers permamently...

There are two different possibilities for you:

1.) Get more Websubscriptions.

2.) Get one CD/DVD-Version. Here the CD/DVD (dont know eactly if it is still a CD) is the dongle and you can change computers as often as you wish to by putting the DVD in another dvd-drive.

*Fuchur*

• Admin
Of course, if the answer is a simple no, I understand.

The simple answer is no.

The license is for one computer only.

So your solution will be to fund another license.

Technically, even starting a second instance of A:M is going beyond the license but Hash Inc doesn't track us down and throw us in jail for that yet.

I was shocked at first to see A:M drop to $49 a year. I remain impressed with Hash Inc's commitment to keeping A:M affordable for everyone whether a student, professional, adult, child, mom, granddad or whatever. As much as I love the price I fear they won't make much from our $49. When all the pennies are counted do they at least break even? I hope so.

You have the right idea about promoting a win/win situation by investing in A:M.

The more people that subscribe to A:M the better in my opinion. Hash Inc can use our investment no matter how small to make A:M even better.

Likewise, teaching kids the basics of computer animation is a worthy investment. Its definitely a winner in my opinion. Its sure to be a challenge too!

If you charge a small lab fee for the class that might easily pay for a license or two. Then time it so that as the subscription runs out... new lab fees come due.

(Just thinking out loud here about the school thing)