Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Highlighting Bones

jweinrub

This may sound like a dumb question here, I'm new to Animation Master and I just modeled my character and added bones to it and all. But I have a question, when you highlight the bones which get on to the model of the character, what does that do? Is it almost like adding weights to the character before you do the smartskin?

Thanks,

J.W.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite sure what you mean. But you have to assign cps to the bones before you do anything. Otherwise, the bone doesn't know which of the model to move. So, you highlight the hand bone in bones mode and select the hand cps. Then in an action/chor, you can rotate the hand bone to make the hand cps rotate with it.

I'm sure there's an exercise in the manual that would explain it better.

when you highlight the bones which get on to the model of the character, what does that do?

I'm afraid I have no idea what you are asking. Please rephrase your question.

It was basically the Cps that I was refering to actually. I figured it out once I messed around with. Thanks.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. But you have to assign cps to the bones before you do anything. Otherwise, the bone doesn't know which of the model to move. So, you highlight the hand bone in bones mode and select the hand cps. Then in an action/chor, you can rotate the hand bone to make the hand cps rotate with it.

I'm sure there's an exercise in the manual that would explain it better.

That's basically what I was talking about and I pretty much figured it out later on as well once I messed around a bit with the skinning. I'll probably be asking a question about that later on as well. Thanks.