Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How should I tackle this - Some advice please

Hoggy

Hi, I hope I can explain this properly.

I have a cat that I have modeled using a famous painting as a roto for the face and proportions.

In the painting the cat is SITTING, but I have modelled it standing so that I could set up and rig it using the free Anzovin Setup Machine.

This all works fine and it walks and moves quite well, but now I need to make the cat sit in the original position as in the painting, but I am finding that I can't achieve the exact position to match the roto using the model rigged like this as it doesn't give me the required degree of accuracy - I hope you are with me up to now.

The question is should I animate CP's to achieve the exact position, or unrig the bones or is there a better way?

Should I have modelled it sitting, but how could I bone it properly to animate.

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Hoggy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I hope I can explain this properly.

I have a cat that I have modeled using a famous painting as a roto for the face and proportions.

In the painting the cat is SITTING, but I have modelled it standing so that I could set up and rig it using the free Anzovin Setup Machine.

This all works fine and it walks and moves quite well, but now I need to make the cat sit in the original position as in the painting, but I am finding that I can't achieve the exact position to match the roto using the model rigged like this as it doesn't give me the required degree of accuracy - I hope you are with me up to now.

The question is should I animate CP's to achieve the exact position, or unrig the bones or is there a better way?

Should I have modelled it sitting, but how could I bone it properly to animate.

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Hoggy

A painting, eh? Are you sure the sitting cat in exactly that position is possible? So can properly scaled bones do it that way?

The easiest way is to deform the cat in the way you need it (for example in a pose) and while standing up bringing it in the right shape to animate it properly again.

I dont know much about the TSM-rig, but are you sure you cant archieve the pose? Switching between FK / IK could help much.

The more complex way is: Rig it yourself so you get the accuracy you need.

You are after a logo-animation or something right? Maybe you could although get to the sittingposition in a 2d-blend?

*Fuchur*

The easiest method will be to get as close as you can posing the skeleton, and then move control points to match exactly. This method is great for tiny fixes and poses you'll only use once. But, as Dr. Bigboote has stated, first make sure you've done as much as possible with the bones.