sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

multiuse questions

planecrazy

I first bought AM in 1999. Upgaded in 2002 (v9 ?). Ran on various PCs. Took a break for a few years but ready to start again. Bought subscription for v15 and installed on a Vaio VGC-RA830G. running great and getting reaquainted. Now for a few questions:

1. I have a Mac notebook. I tried to install v9 using my CD but it won't install. Since I originally installed it on a PC is that license only good on PC's?

2. Assuming I need to buy another subscription, how will the performance be. It is a MacBook (not pro) 2.2 ghz Intel Core 2 duo processor. 2GB memory with 4 MB L2 cache.

Is this adequate or is performance going to be agonizing?

Thanx, looking forward to getting back into the fray.

Planecrazy

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As a mac guy you may be trying to install a OS 9.x version of A:M. I am personally not sure if AM v9 is for OSX. Other thing is that some software that is written for the Power PC mac processor has glitches and sometimeas just won't work on Intel chips. I would recommend just getting a new supscription anyway because of newer features and will work better with your Vaio. Performance wise that should be great. The minimum requirements for A:M is like 450mhz with 256mb ram :lol: !

Hope it helps!

-Photoman

Edit: Grammatical mistakes.