Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Video Backround?

NightOwlCA

Hello everyone, this is my first post since I have only been using the program for a few hours. I'm understanding everything so far from the tutorials (no problem).

My question is, How can I make my personal videos (from video camera) as the backround to my animations?

I just bought this program this week at a convention, and the demonstrator showed us an example that you can do it with this program.

Thanks for the help...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that be Comic Con? :D Welcome to the wonderful world of AM!

Yes, you can import an animation. Then in your chor, just right click on the camera and add the animation as a rotoscope. This will put the animation in the background and you can move models in front of it. If you move the camera, then the animation will move with it.

Thanks for the help... Yes it was at Comic-con, which was a really good convention by the way.

I tried adding the video file to the chor but it is not working. I tried both .wmv & .avi files of the same video as a rotoscope, but they're not being added. Is there a specific format for the video that I need to add? (I'm talking about normal home videos by the way & not so much the animation portion of it yet)...

Thanks again

Would that be Comic Con? :D Welcome to the wonderful world of AM!

Yes, you can import an animation. Then in your chor, just right click on the camera and add the animation as a rotoscope. This will put the animation in the background and you can move models in front of it. If you move the camera, then the animation will move with it.

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to A:M!

Your best bet for importing video is to convert it to a targa series and import that as an image sequence. Many video editing programs can do the conversion.

Second choice... quicktime (.mov). Some quicktime codecs will work better than others.

keep them short. Seconds not minutes.