Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Need help with a skeleton

captainrex

Alright, this is my first time making my own skeleton and I need help. I don't know how to get the target to bend the legs like on the 2001 skeleton and it is really frustrating me. I am uploading the skeleton to see if anyone could help. Add or remove bone and targets if needed. It is for a Super Battle droid so I have no finger bones or toe bones to worry about, but if you need to add any type of bone for the toes or legs or in any other place, be my guest. Feel free to mess around with the skeleton. Please tell me if someone has any progress. And if it wouldn't be too much, could you explain the steps in order (that's an option if you choose to help)

Thanks for any of your time and help.

skeleton.mdl

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Assuming your model is a typical biped, my Simplest IK Leg Tutorial (DL it to your hard drive) will introduce you to some of the why's and how's of IK legs.

QT7 needed to view.

But if you just want to get animating, TSM2 is the fastest way to install a rig. There's a link to it in the Rigging forum.

• Hash Fellow
hey, robcat, my computer is old and slow, so I wasn't able to download that tutorial. Would you be able to explain how to get the targets to work or could someone else do that? Hope it isn't asking to much. :)

give it time.

Really, i made that so I wouldn't have to explain it from scratch every time it came up. And I don't remember exactly what I said.

• Hash Fellow
robcat, would you by chance have that on windows media player? My computer wouldn't load the quicktime video, even though it was all updated.

you mean you couldn't save the file to your hard drive? Have you been able to save other 4 MB files from the internet, but not this particular one? What sort of connection are you on? What Windows are you on?

You did save it but couldnt' play it?

What version of Quicktime does your Quicktime player say you have?

Your going to want to have quicktime working because that really works better with A:M than any other format.