jason1025

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! You don't say which rig you are using, etc but that looks like a 'rip it out and start again' and if the 2001 rig, paying attention to following the TOA instructions scrupulously. If things get out of place then strange happenings occur as appears to be the case with your model.

I don't think you have a problem. Control bones usually can be pulled away while geometry bones stay behind, unless you want them to stretch. The only thing I can see is that the leg geometry bones should straighten out to try to reach the target bones. Do you have an euler constraint on the calf bone? You'll have to add a negative value to the minimum.

What are the 2 bones at 3 and 4? Are they both IK targets? Or is 3 a fan bone? Need to know what these bones do and where they are parented or constrained to.

That's about all I can tell you without looking at the setup.

I am using Barry Zundel's training. He teaches you how to create a rig from scratch but as you know rigs are complicated. If you dont have the parent switch set to on on the correct child, or dont have lock IK set to on on the correct bone, if the hierarchy is off or if you set up a relationship constraint to aim at when you should of hit orient like well you get problems like this.

I wanted to get some opinions on rigging. Do most people just use a preset rig, like the 2001 am rig or the set up machine or do they build the rigs themselves from scratch? I want to build my first rig myself to get an understanding, but after that I think I want to use the set up machine now that its free.

Do you basically just assign points to Tsum2 rig?

Thanks for the feed back folks

Best regards

jason

www.hdjibguy.com

As Mark said, if we haven't purchased Barry's tutorials, we wouldn't be familiar with the rig you are installing. Without an example of the rig and your attempt at installing it, most of us would have trouble helping you, Jason.

I'm not sure of the percentages, but I think most people install a standard rig...there are also people that roll their own though. The three most common rigs are the 2001 rig, TSM and the Squetch Rig.